Essential Oil Learning Resources
Want to expand your knowledge of essential oils? Below is a list of recommended resources:
- Oil-Testimonials (Website). Oil-Testimonials.com was created in 2004 to be an essential oil testimonial repository that anyone can make use of. Many people have purchased essential oils but have rarely used them because they don’t know which ones to use in a given situation. This website will help change that by offering thousands of personal examples. Instead of pulling out a reference book, just try our Basic Search to find the information you need.
- PubMed.gov (Website). Searchable database. PubMed comprises more than 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites. Simply type in the desired search such as, “Frankincense essential oil.”
- Essential Oil Desk Reference (Book). This is a comprehensive guide to the immense properties and capabilities of pure essential oils. This all-inclusive guide combines the factual findings of scientific research with tried-and-true methods for best use.
- The Animal Desk Reference: Essential Oils for Animals (Book). Written by Holistic Veterinarian Melissa Shelton – describing the many ways that Essential Oils are used for animals – especially pertaining to the French Model of Aromatherapy. Young Living Essential Oils and products are specifically described in this reference – making it very similar to the Essential Oils Desk Reference book for humans. Information for the use of essential oils is included for every species of animal – from fish and cats, to dogs, horses, and elephants. General techniques and methods are thoroughly described in this easy to read book. Discussions on safety and monitoring of animals during the use of essential oils are also covered.
- The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple (Book). This solidly scientific book is anchored in scripture and easy to understand, It will give you an appreciation of both the scientific and spiritual bases of healing by prayer and anointing with oils.
- Healing Oils of the Bible (Book). This book documents more than 500 scriptural references to thirty-three species of essential oils, their use, and the plants from which they were derived in Biblical times. Dr. Stewart, a former United Methodist pastor and university professor, also presents the scientific basis for anointing with oil as a healing method taught by Jesus to his disciples and practiced by early Christians. The book concludes with complete instructions and notes for a Bible Oils Program you can do in our local community. Thoroughly indexed.
- Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils (Book). Through her research, Dr. Mein has found that since each organ in our bodies has a vibrational frequency, as do emotions, the emotions will settle in an area with a corresponding frequency. By applying certain oils to the reflex points or acupuncture alarm points for particular organs, the corresponding emotions can be effectively cleared. Therefore, this book is intended to provide guidelines for a more specific use of the essential oils with particular emphasis on their emotional applications.